Sunday, November 2, 2008

First Post

My name is Jeff Sevilla, and I am hoping to teach 4th - 6th graders at some point. That said I have recently been volunteering in a 1st grade class and have really enjoyed it. So as of now I am open to as what grade I want to teach, but I know that it won't me middle school.

Trying to think of my favorite animal was tough, as I truly do not have a "favorite". When I was younger I wanted to be a vet, so all animals interested me. So I started thinking which animals did I find the most interesting, which ones did I appreciate the colors of their coats and the sounds or calls that they made. Peacocks are really beautiful, but their ca
ll is annoying (Having lived next door to someone that had one I can tell you this). I like dogs better than cats, but have owned both. Birds are really beautiful, but messy. Reptiles are interesting, but not really personable. We have fish, fun to look at, but that's about all. Farm animals are nice, but having lived in an agricultural town, I can't say that any of them would be my favorite. Sheep are not really bright, goats get a little of an attitude, horses, cows, donkeys, etc... are fine animals, but no where near the top of my favorite list.

Any animal that can cause bodily harm, is not on my list. So that leav
es off, lions, tigers, hippos, sharks, bears and boars. In the end, I felt that my favorite animal had to be something that was colorful, had an interesting call and put a smile on my face. So here is a picture of the one that I came up with, hope you enjoy him as much as I do.

No comments: